March 10, 2017 John Surtees (London 11 February 1934 – London 10 March 2017), the only man to win the Formula One and motorcycle grand prix titles has died aged 83. He won four 500cc motorcycling titles - in 1956, 1958, 1959 and 1960 - and the F1 crown with Ferrari in 1964 by a single point. He won six F1 races in 111 starts between 1960 and 1972, and also drove for Honda, Lotus, Cooper, Lola and BRM. He later set up his own F1 team and managed two podium finishes but never won a race before folding in 1978. Today we lost one of the all time greats on two and four wheels. We will miss you John. R.I.P.
Some useful links:
- f1technical.net, a great site with a lot of technical information’s and explanations. Site is updated daily with news from F1 word.
- autosport.com, This site is a legend. A bible for racing lovers. News from all around the word. Unfortunately, to get access to all news, interviews and to open the site completely you should be subscribed to Autosport magazine. Anyway, great read.
- JA.F1 site (or blog) ovned by ITV Sport’s lead commentator on Formula 1 James Allen
- joesaward is the Joe Saward official blog about Formula 1 world. Joe is an journalist, who write primarily about politics in and around motorsport, specifically on the FIA Formula 1 World Championship
- f1.gpupdate.net, Site with fresh news from Formula 1
- planetf1, another site with many different articles, news and statistics. Biased toward British teams, but anyway good read.
- gurneyflap.com, Great history site. You can learn a lot from this site. Pictures, cars and many many more. Great.
- 4ormula1 is a database of Formula 1 history and statistics of drivers, teams, grand prix, and all results since 1950
-Racecar Engineering, an online magazine with a lot to learn from, a lot of technical information’s and explanations
- fia.com, La Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile, representing the interests of motoring organisations and motor car users. Head organisation and ruler in auto sport.
- wikipedia.org, I don’t believe that I have to tell you anything about this site. It’s not about Formula 1 technology, but you can learn a lot about that too.
- carbibles.com, a great site for normal car users. Here you can find explanations of almost everything about your car and how it works. Technical reviews and explanations of some in-car gadgets.
- Daretobedifferent.org Susie Wolff and UK governing body of UK motorsport have joined forces to launch Dare To Be Different, a high-profile new initiative which is about increasing female participation, not just on the track but in all aspects of the sport.